IMAX® Victoria is located in the world famous Royal BC Museum and is part of a superb organization with theatres located in major tourist destinations throughout North America.
We are always pleased to hear from people who are interested in joining our dynamic theatre team located in Victoria, BC.
If you have a passion for films, a belief in delivering service excellence, thrive in a guest driven environment, believe in teamwork and want to grow with a proven world-class organization, contact us for the ultimate employment experience!
Visitor Services Associate
- Company: IMAX Victoria
- Job Level: Front-line
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Address: 675 Belleville Street, Victoria, British Columbia V8W 1A1
- Job Status: Permanent
- Positions Available: 1
Imagine yourself heading to work in the gorgeous Inner Harbour, heading up the steps of the world-famous Royal BC Museum and into IMAX Victoria, home of the biggest screen in British Columbia and cutting edge IMAX Laser Technology. Each day you meet guests from all around the world, and build relationships with passionate theatre members by enhancing their experience with superior food and beverage service. You are a part of a close-knit team who support each other, who love movies, who work together to provide exceptional experiences, and who have fun doing it!
If that sounds like your perfect day at work, IMAX Victoria would love to see your application for a full time Guest Services Associate.
This is the ideal position for someone looking to enter the food and beverage sector of the tourism industry, who wants to hone their skills in customer service and interpersonal communication. As a core member of the IMAX Victoria team, the successful candidate will show the ability to manage priorities, stay calm under pressure and problem solve on a daily basis.
In accordance with our BCGEU Collective Agreement this is a permanent full-time position at $13.85 per hour, approximately 35 hours per week, primarily from Monday-Friday. The successful applicant will be eligible for benefits after 6 months.
- Key staff member of food and beverage service in Sound Bites concession
- Represent the theatre in a positive manner
- Provide superior customer service
- Adhere to proper food safe preparation and handling procedures
- Support theatre operations by accurately and efficiently completing POS terminal transactions, balancing cash, and reporting sales
- Support other departments as needed
- Have successfully completed Grade 12
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a food service environment, or equivalent
- Possess excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Have flexible availability
- Enjoy working with the public
- Work well independently while supporting team efforts
- Be able to demonstrate reliability and a commitment to punctuality
- Be proficient in speaking English
- Be mathematically literate and able to accurately perform cash balancing procedures
- Be physically able to stand for extended periods
- Be able to lift up to 20 kg
- Possess valid Food Safe Certification or be willing to obtain it
- Salary/Wage: $13.85/hour
Job Application Process:
Please submit resumes to Julia Brown, Guest Services Manager at the link below:
Post Date: May 10, 2019 Deadline for Application: May 31, 2019
IMAX Victoria accepts and keeps on record, resumes for the following positions:
- Theatre Ushers
- Concession and Gift Store Cashiers
You may submit your resume by email to Julia Brown, Guest Services Manager, at email@example.com or by regular mail along with a cover letter to:
675 Belleville Street
Victoria, BC, V8W 1A1