A Message on COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Updated: June 28, 2020
Thank you for your support of IMAX Victoria.
IMAX® Victoria will be reopening on Friday, July 3.
Tickets available Thursday, July 2nd at 10AM.
In line with the BC Restart Plan and following the guidelines of WorkSafe BC for cinemas, IMAX® Victoria is so excited to welcome you back to the theatre! The IMAX® Victoria team is so thankful for the ongoing support of our community throughout the temporary closure. We have been working diligently for months to adapt the IMAX® Experience so that you can safely enjoy the films you love.
To ensure that our staff and patrons are safe and comfortable, we have adjusted operations significantly to meet physical distancing and hygiene regulations. You can find out more about how we are addressing guest safety HERE. We ask for your cooperation in helping us maintain all of these new policies during your visit.
The most important changes are as follows:
- The capacity of each show has been reduced to 50 seats
- We ask that you get your ticket in advance at www.imaxvictoria.com (please call us if you require assistance for online orders at 250-480-4887)
- Show times have been spread out, starting typically every 90 minutes to increase the time between films. Please see our schedule HERE for more details
- Physically distanced seating has been arranged and the ushers will help you find seats. Reserved Seating is temporarily unavailable for feature films
- There are enhanced cleaning procedures throughout the theatre, washrooms, Soundbites Concession and IMAX® Shop. You can find the full list of our hygiene protocols HERE (link to visiting page)
- Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes prior to show time to limit queuing
- You are welcome to wear a face mask or other personal protective equipment if you so choose, but it is not required.
- If you have travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days, or are currently feeling unwell, please do not attend the theatre at this time and follow Provincial Health Authority requirements for self-isolation.
Learn about the new IMAX Experience HERE
The Royal BC Museum is currently open with the approval of British Columbia health authorities and adjusted operations. More information on the reopening of the Royal BC Museum can be found here: Royal BC Museum Reopening.
To our 2020 Annual Passholders. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- Lea Silver, Sales and Membership Manager at email@example.com
- Julia Brown, Guest Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK HERE to Join our email newsletter to learn the latest information.
Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you soon.